Monday, September 10, 2012

Holy crap, it's coming!

I'm so thrilled to say that I spent my lunch hour today poring over the Milwaukee Film Festival program book for the first time!  I got it on Saturday but only was able to glance at it before today, and of course, there are a million movies I want to see.

I'm not going to get too excited until I have confirmation of my press credentials (which really should be any day now I think) so I'm not going to make a definite schedule until then, but it's looking like at least 37 to 39 films this year.  I'm really excited about the new venue at the Fox Bay Cinema; from what I understand, it's a film critic's dream because it's a "cinedine" so not only will there be sustenance for those of us who are there all day, but it also has tables that I can make notes on.  That's right: no squinting with the steno pad pressed up against my nose and bizarre, barely legible handwriting!  Plus, there's a Starbucks down the street, so that can't be all bad.

This year I'm planning on taking some photos and trying to integrate social media into my experience (we'll see how that whole thing goes...) so it could get interesting for me.

So, once I get my creds, I'm all over this like white on rice.  I can still stand with my nose pressed up against the window though.

No comments:

Post a Comment