Wednesday, September 28, 2011

2011 Milwaukee Film Festival - Day 4


Tuesday, September 27 - Day Four
4pm

Holy crap, I just scooted into the 4:15 screening of The Interrupters and it is PACKED.  There's go to be at least 200 people here, and it's for an early show on a weekday.  Crazy.  I actually ended up having to sit in the second row on the end so I'm going to be doing some serious neck craning.  Oh well.  Shame on me for coming to a much buzzed about film so close to showtime.  Ah, they just did an empty seat check - looks like we're going to be sold out.  Wow.

After some technical difficulties yesterday, I was able to finally get cracking on some writing so I ended up getting through the first day of the festival and a small part of the second.  There's a pretty significant break between the 7pm and 9:45pm show tonight so I think I'm just going to go home after the 7.  Even if I don't write tonight I can go to bed at a decent hour and then start writing early tomorrow instead of going to the late show, going to bed at 2am and starting my day at 9 or 9:30am.  Ugh, now I've got someone sitting next to me so I won't be able to write and I'll have to hold my messenger bag.  I really need to clean this damn thing out, it's getting really heavy.

10pm

I wasn't able to get any writing done in between screenings because the lady who talked to me incessantly two years ago at the festival is back.  Argh!  So I'm back at the dining room table in front of my laptop and I'm going to write until my eyes hurt.  I still have like, 7 or 8 reviews to write before I'm caught up, which I never will be since I see movies every night.  I'm starting to be really glad that I decided to take off next Monday too since I'll presumably spending the whole day writing reviews from over the weekend so I can go back to work, work like a dog to catch up and prep for the following week and come home and not have to worry about writing.  It's amazing that I'm taking a vacation a week after this vacation ends, but that will truly be my vacation and I'm realizing that I need it more than I thought I did - and I thought I needed it a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment