Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2009 Best Picture Rankings

Since I'm pulling into the home stretch in my Oscar push and I saw my last Best Picture nominee this weekend, I figured I would rank them - from best to worst.

1. The Hurt Locker (This one better win)
2. Inglourious Basterds (I loved this movie just a little less than THL)
3. Up in the Air (A great movie - really adult and enjoyable on a lot of levels)
4. An Education (A really fantastic, thought-provoking movie. I wish there were more like this one made nowadays)
5. Precious (Difficult to watch, but really well made and acted)
6. A Serious Man (Another strong Coen Bros. film)
7. District 9 (A Sci-Fi movie that I really enjoyed? Well deserved)
8. Up (I loved this movie but think it should only be up for - and win - Best Animated)
9. The Blind Side (A good movie - shouldn't be on this list)
10. Avatar (If this movie wins I just may boycott the 2010 Oscars)

1 comment:

Post a Comment