Monday, February 8, 2010

Another great movie weekend

Friday night I had plans to see District 9 after the Times closed (I love our special screenings) so since I had some time beforehand I figured I would knock down one of the Oscar movies I have on DVD, what became film #16 of 2010, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Though I'll concede that I probably should have seen the 5th movie first, I still was really bored and judging the film by its own merits, thought it was mediocre at best.

District 9, however, was good, as were Precious and An Education. (Film reviews forthcoming)

So now I have to edit my Oscar have seen/must see lists. Though we probably won't, I'm hoping that we have a snow day tomorrow. I can't think of a better way to spend a random Tuesday than by sitting in a comfy chair, bundled up and watching movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment