Tuesday, September 27, 2011

2011 Milwaukee Film Festival - Day 2


Sunday, September 25- Day Two
Noon

I feel good about having seen four films yesterday, despite the fact that I bailed out of the 9:30pm show.  I'm currently sitting and waiting for the screening of A Cat in Paris to begin.  Apparently, it's currently nominated for a European film award (like the American Oscars, I guess) and this is one of the first screenings in the U.S., which is kind of cool.  There are a lot of kids here because it's part of the Take One kid's festival, but I can't hate on the kids too much because their parents are obviously cool enough to take them to see something other than The Lion King in 3D for the tenth time.  This is the only film I'm seeing as part of the kid's fest, but there are activities afterward for them and stuff, so that's pretty cool to see. 

I was too busy vegging this morning and watching watered down reruns of The Sopranos on A&E to make myself anything to eat, so i basically have a small z-bag of vanilla cupcake goldfish to sustain me until midnight.  Oops.  I may have to treat myself to an overpriced icy beverage to assuage my hunger after a while.

I'm hoping that today is going to be a little less heavy than yesterday, when I saw four documentaries in a row, most with pretty heavy subject matters.  I'm not sure if I'll be going to all of them, but as of now I have an animated feature, two fiction features, one documentary feature (that I've been waiting to see for months) and a shorts program.  Ahhh variety.

9:30pm

A crazy busy day filled with movies but I made it to the final show of the night, the shorts program, and at 38, I'm feeling a little on the old side in this audience.  Perhaps it's because of the late start time on a Sunday night, since I'll admit that I'm usually in bed with a book by now, kidding myself that I'll be able to read longer than 15 minutes before lapsing into snores.  

No comments:

Post a Comment