Monday, June 29, 2009

Idle hands are the devil's playground...

I think the rule of blogging is that if you don't really have anything to say (or in my case, don't have anything to say and don't really feel like saying it) you shouldn't bother. But, well, I've been off and on with the blog that I promised to keep daily...right... so I guess I can do a boring diary post.

Not a very effective day at work; I find that I am busy all day but I feel like I'm essentially spinning my wheels because I'm not seeing anything technically go away from my project board or my desk, I'm just putting out the fires that come my way on a minute-to-minute basis. So I guess that's something, but I'd really like to see some stuff going away soon.

Unfortunately I'll be seeing my desk area going away in about two days because I'm getting moved...again. Third time in about two years, which is kind of frustrating. I'm also getting moved into an area I'm not too thrilled about moving to, but hey, whatevs I guess. I think I'm going to go through withdrawals being away from the rest of the creative team I've been able to just shout across the hall to, and the priceless looks between Jeanne and I are going to go away, which makes me sad. Maybe I'll actually get more stuff done over there though, who knows. I guess I can't completely discount it until I work through it a couple of days.

The fantastic news from the weekend is that after spending about two days on it, the kitchen is finally done. It was so great to work in my kitchen for about two and a half hours last night, watching Red Zone Cuba on MST3K and prepping meals for the week. And tonight I cooked my first meal - it was kind of cute sitting at the dining room table with Chris and discussing our day over chicken and noodles in a cream sauce. Afterward he ran to Dairy Queen and got me a brownie batter blizzard because he's a good guy. I paid for it though, of course hahaha.

That's about all she wrote for tonight. I still have to write my review for "Up", so I should probably get to that in the next couple of days. Again, I really question doing that for some of these movies because they are so outdated by the time I see them and review them, but I guess it keeps me in practice until I can get my site up and get accredited.

No comments:

Post a Comment