Sunday, June 28, 2009

SLEEEP in heavenly PEACE!

Well, I have to say that I'm proud of my honey. He stepped up when I needed him to and we managed to get a lot done in the kitchen today over the course of a couple of hours. Unfortunately, as most things do when they get organized, the kitchen looks more like ass than ever, but it's about ten minutes away from being something pretty fantastic. It's just a matter of putting stuff in their proper places. I've got to give Chris credit though, he really did a lot of work today in there. It was kind of fun organizing with him and we actually came up with some really great solutions. We also discovered that we have about twice as much cupboard space (or more) than we did at our last house, so that was a really pleasant surprise. I also have a perfect spot set aside for my eventual Kitchen Aid mixer (can you believe I've actually been wanting that thing for about 20 years?) that will go right next to my nifty red food processor. Good lord, if my 20 year old self was witnessing this display of domesticity I think she would throw her copy of her dogeared Camus paperback at me and chastise me for being too lame. Oh well, at least this way I get my Kitchen Aid mixer AND my Camus is still in decent shape in my bookcase.

Anyway, the day was mostly spent doing that stuff, so I couldn't argue when Chris asked if we could go to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner tonight. As an added bonus he stopped off at the store and took further advantage of the mega sale on Coke products they had OH MY GOD I'M TURNING INTO MY MOTHER.

Sigh. Well, I knew I probably should have just skipped the blog for tonight, but hey, my stream of consciousness rule for blogging got the best of me. Meanwhile, I can hear Chris wrestling in the kitchen with some stuff so I'd better see what's going on and then maybe we can watch some of Dead of Night Theater before going to bed. Even though I still have a laundry list of things to do tomorrow, he did such a great job today that I won't even give him the stink eye when he gets up at noon again tomorrow. And I'll go see Up with him since he wants to see it.

But only if we finish the laundry list... hehe.

P.S. I just noticed that one of the examples for labels for the blog posts is "scooters". What the hell?!

No comments:

Post a Comment